ReelCrafter California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Disclosure
Last updated: January 2, 2023
Rights for California Residents
To exercise one or more of your rights, you or someone you authorize, may contact us via chat on our website or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a California resident you may have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act regarding your personal information, including:
• the right to request the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you; the categories of personal information we collected; the categories of sources used to collect the personal information; the business or commercial purposes for collecting your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information each as it pertains to our activities in the preceding twelve (12) months
• the right to request, on legitimate grounds, deletion of your personal information that we collected;
• the right to have someone you authorize make a request on your behalf; and
• the right, in certain circumstances, to correct inaccurate personal information we collected about you; and
• the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.
We also must provide in this online disclosure certain details about our collection and handling of categories of personal information. The information that follows shows the types of personal information we may collect about California residents who are subject to the CCPA, the sources from which we collect it, and the ways in which we use and disclose it.
Our Sources of Personal Information
Category of Sources from which we Collect Personal Information
• We obtain your personal information when you provide it to us (e.g., where you contact us via email or chat)
• We collect or obtain personal information when you visit any of our Sites or use any features or resources available on or through a Site. When you visit a Site, your device and browser may automatically disclose certain information (such as device type, operating system, browser type, browser settings, IP address, language settings, dates and times of connecting to a Site and other technical communications information), some of which may constitute Personal Data
Categories of Personal Information
• Personal identifiers, including those listed in other California statutes: Real name; alias; email address
• Internet or other electronic network activity information: browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with a website, application or advertisement
• IP-Geolocation data: any information used to identify your physical location based on IP address (we never see or save IP addresses)
• Communications, recordings, images: audio, electronic, visual
Use of Information
Business and Commercial Purposes for Use of Personal Information
• Marketing/Prospecting/Support: communicating with you via via email or chat subject to ensuring that such communications are provided to you in compliance with applicable law; and maintaining and updating your contact information where appropriate
• Operation of our Sites: operation and management of our Sites; providing content to you; displaying advertising and other information to you; and communicating and interacting with you via our Site
Disclosure of Information
Categories of Third Parties to Whom Personal Information is Disclosed
• Data aggregation services
• Third party service providers (such as payment services providers; customer communications provider; etc.)
• Any relevant third party acquirer(s), in the event that we sell or transfer all or any relevant portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation)
We take reasonable steps designed to ensure that your personal information are only processed for the minimum period necessary for the purposes set out in this disclosure. The criteria for determining the duration for which we will retain your personal information are as follows:
We will retain copies of your personal information in a form that permits identification only for as long as:
• Your personal information are necessary in connection with purposes set out in this disclosure
Once the periods above, each to the extent applicable or permitted by applicable law, have concluded, we will 1) permanently delete or destroy the relevant personal information, or 2) archive your personal information so that it is beyond use; or 3) anonymize the relevant personal information.
Sale of Personal Information
S is for Studio, Inc. does not does not engage in the sale of personal information as contemplated by the CCPA. As noted elsewhere in this disclosure, we disclose personal information to other businesses for a variety of reasons. While we often benefit from such disclosure, we do not disclose personal information for the sole purpose of receiving compensation for that information.
Changes to this Disclosure
We may change this disclosure from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by appropriate means such as by posting the revised disclosure on our CCPA web site with a new “Last Updated” date. Any changes to this disclosure will become effective when posted unless indicated otherwise.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us.
S is For Studio, Inc. DBA ReelCrafter
20 W. Kinzie Street
Chicago, IL 60654